An award-winning yarn shop with a strong community spirit in charming premises.
An award-winning yarn shop with over five and a half years of trading, this would be an excellent choice for a knitter’s (or group of knitters') lifestyle business. It stocks mostly high and medium-end yarns, needles, patterns, tops and sundries for knitting, crochet, felting and related fibre arts. The charming corner shop premises (39 sq metres of sales floor plus storeroom/toilet/kitchenette) benefits from large windows on two sides and a wooden floor, for a very pleasant interior (the windows are orientated in such a way the light does not fade stock on the shelves)....................
The shop has a strong community spirit with weekly and monthly knit groups, extremely popular classes with external tutors every weekend and occasional special events. The shop is currently run single-handed by the owner and open five days a week, 10am – 2pm, 3pm – 6pm Wed-Sat with later opening on Tuesdays, these hours can be changed to suit the new owner.....................
Situated close to a retail park and supermarket, there is plenty of nearby parking and bus stops. Just a mile from the town centre, it is easy to get to for Cambridge residents and tourists and avoids the transport nightmare of a town-centre shop for shoppers from surrounding villages. It is the only dedicated yarn shop in a 40 mile radius....................
Cambridge is an affluent area of the country and shoppers appreciate finer yarns, as well as standard lines. The shop has enjoyed a growth rate of 8% most years as word of mouth, advertising and the interest in craft grows....................
Online sales could provide an extra stream of income in future. A fledging webshop was set up this year but an extra member of staff is needed to fully develop, populate and advertise it and pack & post orders. Exhibiting at shows and external events would further increase sales as would more evening events...................
The shop qualifies for 100% small business rate relief so no rates are payable. The lease is to be renewed at a higher rent of £12,000pa for three years....................
The owner wishes to sell in order to pursue a new adventure....................
“I opened the shop in 2011 with initial funding of £23,000 plus savings to live off for a year, and a lot of unpaid labour from helpers. It took nine months of planning to open then a year working unpaid, learning a lot on the job. Over the course of six years a widespread customer base has grown, the shop has an excellent reputation, a large and invaluable social media following and mailing list and good relationships with teachers and suppliers. These can be transferred to you along with all stock, fixtures and fittings. I would be happy to spend time after the sale transferring yarn shop knowledge to you. Being surrounded by colour and texture all day is a delight, and many customers have become good friends. If this is the life for you, do enquire.”
View full business details
Register to gain access to the full details of this business. You'll be able to send messages to the seller, download documents and arrange a viewing.
This document is prepared on behalf of the seller of the business to ensure that any details provided are kept confidential and that you will handle this information with care.
Non disclosure agreement between yourself and the enquired business registered for sale with "Bizdaq"
1. In consideration of the disclosure to us by you of any confidential information we undertake that we will:
(a) Use and apply the confidential information solely for the purpose of evaluating the company/business in connection with a potential purchase of your company/business
(b) Use our reasonable endeavours to keep permanently confidential all such confidential information supplied to us at any time during the proposed evaluation and any such subsequent discussions
(c) Not at any time disclose or otherwise make available to any third party any of the confidential information other than;
(i)to those of our officers or employees who are required in the course (and solely for the purpose of) such evaluation to receive and consider the confidential information (and we agree that any employee of officer will be made aware of and agree to these terms)
(ii) to our professional advisors and we agree on the basis that they have seen and agree to this undertaking
Strictly Private & Confidential
2. “The confidential information” shall mean all financial, commercial, technical, operational, staff, management, legal and other information, data and know how regarding our company including its prospects, clients, customers, targets, products, services, assets, costs, prices, suppliers and employees together with any other confidential information.
3. We shall upon written demand from you immediately return or confirm to you in writing the destruction of confidential information together with any copies in our possession or that of our professional advisors. We shall at all times keep a record of all copies of this confidential information and of those persons who have or have had access to them, and shall upon written request give details of any recipients.
4. We confirm that we shall (in addition to, and without affecting, any other rights or remedies that you and/or the company/business may have whether under statute, common law or otherwise indemnify, and keep indemnified, each of you and the company (each an indemnified person) from and against all actions, claims, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, charges and expenses (including without limitation, consequential losses, loss of profit and loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) that an indemnified person may suffer or incur in connection with, or arising (directly or indirectly) from any breach or non performance by us, or any person whom we have disclosed or given access to as part of the confidential information of any other provisions of this confidentiality agreement.
Strictly Private & Confidential
6. Nothing in this agreement shall create any rights for third parties under the Contracts (rights of third parties) Act 1999. No variation to this agreement and no supplemental or ancillary agreement to this agreement shall create any such rights unless expressly so stated in any such agreement by the parties. This does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
7. This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English and Welsh law.
8. By selecting "I Agree" within "Bizdaq" you are accepting the terms and enter this agreement in confidence with the seller.
9. This confirmation of acceptance will be stored and recorded by "Bizdaq" for future reference if needed.